Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Storage

Storage

Hello Gl Riders.

Any suggestions for storing my 89 gl1500 off the ground? Was planning on the center stand and wooden blocks under the frame. Any suggestions.
    Thanks!

That's what i do on my 2012. Center stand and a small scissor jack under the front of the engine, just enough to take the weight off the front wheel. The rear wheel is just barely touching. You could also put a 3/4 inch piece of plywood under the center stand. Gives a little more lift.
    2012 Pearl White

Thanks!

Keeping tires off the concrete is s good idea. A few pieces of 2x4 can be stacked and make a nice support. Depending on the for traffic around your bike it might be a good idea to start the center stand to the front crash bars so it doesn't get bumped forward of the stand. Of course hook up a battery maintainer, put Stabil in the gas and a cover would be advised. I've been told if you've got mice, put some more balls around it. Better yet just keep riding?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
    2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 122k miles
    Retired Air Force

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Riding in the winter, I salute you sir. Kidding aside, I do pretty much all these things. I suggest everyone do this right, not like it requires all that much effort and your bike will love you for it.