Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Injured rider looking for info

Recently I was involved in an accident on my 1500 wing. I lost my left arm and leg but I still want to ride. Can you get the new 1800s with a automatic transmission? And if so how does the shift work? On its own or do I have to push a button or something. Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry t hear about your accident. The New DCT can be operated in full auto mode. My concern would be the how are you going to control the bike?
    If you are serious about continuing to ride, you could have the bike triked. With one arm and one leg, it would be almost impossible to ride and control a standard motorcycle.
    I am not trying to be a smart a$$, but my concern is your safety and the safety of others.
    2012 Pearl White

Thank you for your concern and help. I am hoping to have my new leg and arm by next summer. and the arm will help control the bike but I don't know about shifting. But I do want to ride again.
    Last edited by mpikm; 09-10-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Wheels seems to do fine (admittedly on a trike) with no legs. My son-in-law rode a Yamaha Midnight Special with one arm. Loosing limbs means you have to adapt, not give up!
    Ask Wheels what he uses for shifting now. I know he used Pingel at one time.

I admire your spirit, brother. More power to you! Unfortunately, I don't know much about what you're looking for. I hope you'll be riding again soon!

@Wheels to the white courtesy phone...