Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    24

    Gosh! What happened to this forum?

    Been awhile since I've checked in. Has this forum died?

  2. #2
    Not quite but it could use a bit more action. An other wing forum is very heavily moderated. Maybe people hate free speech.

  3. #3
    Senior Member pastot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    145
    Its gotten pretty quiet for sure. I figure we're all depressed from winter, and tired of shoveling and plowing instead of riding. Been 3 weeks of constant ice and snow for me and days upon days of plowing.
    Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
    2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 111k miles
    Retired Air Force

    "Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

  4. #4
    Senior Member kwthom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    Not quite but it could use a bit more action. An other wing forum is very heavily moderated. Maybe people hate free speech.
    Sadly, many land at that single location and don't realize there's more ponds to fish in.

    "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕIBA #50030

  5. #5
    I'm here, and a new guy, fresh to goldwings! Haven't been road riding in 30+ years, bought a used 1997 SE with 60,0000 miles,(100,000km here in the great white north) just had a blast this past summer on it, lots of work done to bike prior too purchase and very reliable all summer long.
    Riding out of Vancouver BC and yes we're even snowed in here this year.
    First real snow we've seen in three years!



    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveonski View Post
    I'm here, and a new guy, fresh to goldwings! Haven't been road riding in 30+ years, bought a used 1997 SE with 60,0000 miles,(100,000km here in the great white north) just had a blast this past summer on it, lots of work done to bike prior too purchase and very reliable all summer long.
    Riding out of Vancouver BC and yes we're even snowed in here this year.
    First real snow we've seen in three years!



    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    One suggestion, make sure the timing belts aren't original.

  7. #7
    Done and done, the Po gave me the olds belts, which looked in pretty good shape I might add, just told him to throw them out.
    He also put racetec springs in front and racetec dual air shocks in rear and new shinco radials, bike handles very well once you get it moving. It took me a while to get used to the girth of the beast after 20 years of offroading on dirtbikes.

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Your model didn't come with radials. There is supposed to be a problem with using them, somthing about the rim.

  9. #9
    I thought it was something about the suspension, if I remember, the stock suspension was tuned towards bias ply, but with aftermarket stuff you could use radials? Maybe someone could chime in with some expertise....As I have none!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kwthom View Post
    Sadly, many land at that single location and don't realize there's more ponds to fish in.
    Yes, but there needs to be fish in the pond to be successful! I have been on this forum since 2012, spent most of my time looking and learning the wing, didn't have enough info or experience to post useful info here and I noticed it was very slow. Lacks much participation.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •