Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Final Drive

Final Drive

Looking to buy a final drive to fit a 2001 Gl1800 ABS. What years will fit and has anyone got one for sale or can point me in the right direction for buying one Preferably in Canada to save on the shipping but will consider buying on in the US.
    Last edited by Camaro-67; 08-12-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro-67 View Post
    Looking to buy a final drive to fit a 2001 Gl1800 ABS. What years will fit and has anyone got one for sale or can point me in the right direction for buying one Preferably in Canada to save on the shipping but will consider buying on in the US.
    I do not know where or if there are Trike build shops in Canada, but if there are that is a very good place to pick up a final drive. Ebay is good also if the shipping is not out of reason. You can expect to give $100 to $200 for one, and if you can find I think......thinking is dangerous sometimes the short drive shaft might as well replace that while doing it all. Sometimes a drive shaft is hard to find for some reason, and sometimes have to buy one from a Honda parts place.

I have a 2003 wing replaced final drive off a 2015 wing that was triked only difference was hold down for brake line

Final drives are compatible from 01-17. The drive shaft changed around 06 I think so make sure you stick with 01-05 drive shafts if you are replacing that.
    Rob

[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/capozzir/Misc/VisitedStatesMap05-31-11S.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]'10 NT700VA
    '09 Metallic Silver GL18B Heli-MM-TE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]'05 Vstar 1100 (sold)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]'89 CB1[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]'90 GS500E (sold)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]'87 CBR600F Hurricane (bent it at the track)[IMG]http://gl1800riders.com/forums/images/smilies/cus.gif[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]