Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Superbrace

Superbrace

I have a 2015 wing I got brand new. First wing. As other posts have talked about it has one hell of a front end wobble decellerating from 40-30 mph. Very disappointing on such a great machine. Anyway has anyone tried the superbrace and did it actually work to minimize or get rid of the wobble as advertised? I need some true real world advice. Thanks for your answers.

The 2015 has a reinforced lower triple tree. I doubt if a superbrace would help. It is an inherent problem and not just with the wing. The Harley tourers also have the same problem.
    Also, a lot has to do with tire wear, steering head bearings no torqued correctly and weight distribution. Easiest way to stop it is to keep your hands on the handlebars.
    And some are worse than others.
    Some riders have changed the steering bearings to ALL BALLS and put balance beads in the tires. Check your tires for cupping and keep then inflated properly. 40psi front, 41 rear.
    Last edited by cihilb; 03-06-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    2012 Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I have a 2015 wing I got brand new. First wing. As other posts have talked about it has one hell of a front end wobble decellerating from 40-30 mph. Very disappointing on such a great machine. Anyway has anyone tried the superbrace and did it actually work to minimize or get rid of the wobble as advertised? I need some true real world advice. Thanks for your answers.
    I suspect (your low speed wobble) is the reason for you being the second owner - I would suggest a New set of tires -An out of round tire (rear) or Front can cause that as well - RUN 41/41 in the new set. Are the Bar Grips are Still stock -or have the been changed out and the end weights removed?

A brace is Smoke and mirrors -If you spend the $ and you think it works it great - I've had many wings from 79-2018 and none have had the "WOBBLE" -The only time I had a wobble is from a Tire Change -None - going into the shop and to Wobble coming out - Returned removed the rear tire and wobble gone.

I have a 2013 Level IV (Air Bag). I installed a Superbrace 20,000 or 30,000 miles ago. I feel that the Superbrace was a plus in terms of low speed turns. It made the bike more "precise" is the word I would use. That said, I do not believe that it did anything for the decel wobble that is endemic to these and other heavyweight touring bikes. Older tires, particularly when they begin to show a bit of cupping towards the end of their lives, do seem to accentuate this phenomena. I also run Centramatics front and rear and can't say as how they make any difference in this decel wobble.