Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

How remove & replace the rear speakers on 2003 GL1800?

Does anyone have an instruction sheet on how to remove & replace the rear speakers on a 2003 GL1800? The rear speckers on my Goldwing are blown out & I nees to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

You will find the screws up against the front wall of the trunk. That allows that whole "armrest/speaker box" to be pulled. If I am not mistaken, the plugs for each speaker are under the seat somewhere. Long time ago, I did mine................ like 14=15 years ago. Have fun.
    Retired Fort Worth Fireman
    SS1000 - 2007
    DFW Freedom Riders at
    [url]http://dfwfreedomriders.org/[/url]

Thanks, fwffireamn.

You will have to take the inner top trunk liner out. There are two screws under this liner and two or three under the speaker box itself., look up from the bottom of the speaker. Only the speaker cover and attached armrest needs to be removed.
    Are you sure the speakers are bad? A common problem with the rear speakers is the harness near the trunk hinges. The wires inside the tape break from constant flexing.
    2012 Pearl White

Thank you, Cihib

Will this work to remove the cover on the 2005 as well. I removed the 3 Phillip screws but it’s hangim up on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghitnit2 View Post
    Will this work to remove the cover on the 2005 as well. I removed the 3 Phillip screws but it’s hangim up on the rear.
    Same on the 2005. You will have to remove the trunk liner. Just be careful to get the screws back in the same locations. Some are longer and will push through the top of the trunk.
    2012 Pearl White