Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

GL1500 alignment?

Hi
    I have a 1886 and have always found it tends to steer a little to the left. If I don't apply a slight correction of if I go hands free the bike will go to the left. It's not an alarming trend, but it's always there. I have had at least 3 tire brands during the 60,000 mi on this machine with nearly identical symptoms.
    Does anyone know how I might correct this.
    Thanks
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Huggabean View Post
    Hi
    I have a 1886 and have always found it tends to steer a little to the left. If I don't apply a slight correction of if I go hands free the bike will go to the left. It's not an alarming trend, but it's always there. I have had at least 3 tire brands during the 60,000 mi on this machine with nearly identical symptoms.
    Does anyone know how I might correct this.
    Thanks
    Ed
    When you lock the bars (when parked) for the night -over time - the cables get stretched into that position- and that's why the bike will steer to the left -

Turn the bars to the right (when Parked) and try to move the cables and see if that changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Westdc View Post
    When you lock the bars (when parked) for the night -over time - the cables get stretched into that position- and that's why the bike will steer to the left -

Turn the bars to the right (when Parked) and try to move the cables and see if that changes anything.
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I have never locked the bars as I'm almost always at home and stored in the garage. But you raise an interesting point with the cables. This is my second 1500 and I have noticed that on this one, some cables, notably the throttle cables, do seem to show strain if the bars are turned all the way to one side. I'll investigate more when time permits and reply if I reach any conclusion
    Thanks
    Ed

Mine tends to pull slightly to the right. my bars won't lock. They come close. It's and 89.