Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I pull a Starlight 16 cubic foot and I do not have a swivel hitch on my 09' GL1800. I have pulled it all over the east and it pretty much goes whenever I am going to be gone all day or if my better half is going. I have never had an issue with it. My suggestion is do your research. Look at all your options and read the reviews. Pay attention to tongue weight and weight rating. When you decide and purchase. Put a load in it then go out and practice by yourself. Practice your normal stopping, quick stops, and turning so you understand how it is going to react in ALL conditions.

I have my second Sarlight trailer. The first was a 13 and now a 16 both had a swivel hitch. The only incident I ever had was in a coin operated car wash with my 13. When I pulled my bike across the grate covering the drain it kicked the grate up and caught the left front of my trailer and turned it over on its side. No effect on me or my bike and just minor damage to my trailer since I was going so slow.

I recommend Bushtec, there are some good deals on used units out there.
    My friend bought a NEW Turbo +2 from Bustec @ Americade this year, w/ the cooler kit & rack, luggage rack, chrome tongue, kick stand, some interior bags, $3000.. out the door, a $4500. trailer.
    I & my cuzzn bought a used Turbo & a used Roadstar for $1200... each !!!! right off Craigs List, we had to drive up to Mass. a 2 hr drive, not so bad, look around you'll find one, don't wait.. they go FAST!!
    04 Black GL 1800
    99 Ultra Classic
    Bushtec Turbo + 2
    Darksider #494
    Michelin Primacy ZP 195-55-16

I have a matrix Rover trailer, I bought one back in 2004 I have aso far way 45,000 miles on my trailer without any incidences. In 2007 they started a quest trailer which is a little shorter and smaller but definitely a great trailer to tow behind a motorcycle
    www.matrixmfg.com

I have a 90 GL1500... When I got the bike,,, it had a good frame mount reese's hitch 1 1/4 inch... I love to moto-camp and if you want to co it with comfort in mind,,, you need a trailer... A neighbor had an older Harbor Freight 40" x 48" trailer not being used and I bought it for a 100 bucks... It had a pod with it so I loaded up the pod with camping gear... I had a wobble at 65 mph... Investigating this lead to a couple of things,,, my steering head bearings needed replaced and/or the tongue of the trailer was to short... I changed the bearings in the stem head and got a 7' tongue replacement... I have taken it up to 80 mph and no wobble...
    I am in the process of building a box to replace the box... When I am finished, I will have a nice cargo trailer 48"x40"x24" (LWH) for about $250 and will fit all my camping and personal gear...
    I do like to build things, thou I am not a great fabricator,,, and is what I need... I have a cooler rack for the front... Good to go... Hope this helps...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Bodasefus

Don't take life to seriously
    Nobody gets out alive...

In the real world,,, Russell Lawrence, PhD
    Retired
    [/B][/FONT]

Hello, my name is Lee. I live in, Riverside, Ca. Home of K&N filters. LOVE THEM! I have a 2012 Gold wing, with all the goodies on it. It was a dealer demo, and still has two years of the Factory warranty coverage, lucky me! I'm considering putting a hitch on it. I use to have a Honda Valkyrie Tour, & pulled a cycle mate, 2000 LTD cargo trailer. LOVED IT! Of course I will check with the dealer to see if that will violate the warranty. So, this is just a general question asking if anyone out there has run into purchasing a new gold wing, and has enquired about this?