Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What action have you taken regarding the GL1800 Brake Recall?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have been checked and no replacement was required.

182 66.67%
  • I have been checked and I needed a new Master Cylinder.

16 5.86%
  • I haven't been checked yet. Everything is working fine.

75 27.47%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    daveo

Brake Recall Survey

Just curious as to the general feeling about this brake recall. What has your experience been?
    Please vote, you can change your vote if you choose to participate in the recall later.

daveo

Re: Brake Recall Survey

This is a link to the pdf of the recall.

http://www.glriders.com/media/?sa=media;in=14;dl

Brake Recall Survey

My 2006 passed with no issues. Took less then 1/2 hour at the dealer. The dealer told me up front if it did not pass the bike could not be released until the repairs are made. The good thing was the dealer did have the parts in stock if they where needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tiny Tim

Tim,

Which Dealer did you go to?

My Wing is my main source of transportation when I need to go somewhere during the week, so being without it while I wait for parts is not a favorable option for me...

Thanks Buddy!
    Ride Safe!
    Paul Shivers

2005 GL1800A Bright Blue Metallic
    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be...
    -Albert Einstein

My 2010 is working fine. I have not been in any hurry to take it in. However, we will be leaving on a trip to N.C. in May, so I plan to take it in for the recall and probably for a set of All Balls neck bearings before we depart.
    8)

I'm with TRebel, I'm not going to worry about it for a while. Maybe next year...or...
    Nightwing (Jim)
    Nampa ID
    On my 5th Wing and still lovin it...
    Riding since '73
    CMA since '78
    AMA since '85

Took mine in and the dealer said that they had done over 100 and only found 2 that had a problem.
    IBA#37634
    PRG# 146711
    MTF Tourers Assistant
    Darkside #1044
    Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/16 (87H) (30psi)
    Bridgestone Battleax BT45 130/70H/18 (38psi)
    Centramatic Wheel Balancers

I cannot emphasize strongly enough just how important it is for every Goldwing owner to get the brakes checked. I recently took a 350 mile trip from San Diego, CA to Lake Havasu, Arizona. The bike seemed okay and it rested overnight at my destination. The following morning, I had ridden only two or three miles when suddenly both the front and the rear brakes seized up tight. As of now, the rear cylinder, which was the subject of the published recall, has been replaced, however, there is no clear indication of why the front locked up and is still dragging. My Goldwing has been in a shop in Arizona for over two weeks so far, while the Honda Representative, the Arizona shop, and my original dealer in San Diego try to figure out what the problem is and who is going to pay for the repairs. Stay tuned, but in the meantime, go get yours checked.

Thank you for the post spoon! I recently took my 2008 in and while waiting for the service tech to inspect my bike, got to talking to a fellow rider who's 2006 rear locked up on him while he was riding through a mountain pass doing about 45 MPH. Luckily he was able to drive off the shoulder and bring the bike to an UPRIGHT stop! Mine was fine as are 98% of all the bikes out there, which leads me to my next statement...The recall states that there are ONLY 126,000 units affected by the recall. Well, if the service tech says that they've seen two bikes that need repair for every 100 that are brought in, that means there are 2,520 bikes out there that have the potential of locking up. Well, 2,518. You've got to ask yourself one question: do you feel lucky?

My dealer did the inspection in about 40 minutes from when I brought it in. They said if the repair had been needed, they had the parts and it would be about another hour. No problmes with my bike, so off I went.